There have not been a lot of posts over the last few weeks as I have just been flat-out and have not really had the time to do much gaming at all.
Christmas was a blast and so was new-years. That being said, I am glad that it is all over and I can now return to my normal routine of doing things.
Not a lot of World of Warcraft has been played lately, I have been playing a lot of the games that I have bought in the recent Steam sales. Wow I have spent a lot of money. In between playing the games from Steam I have been playing an aweful lot of League of Legends. I recently started playing Sion with an attack damage build and I am really enjoying it. I have been having a horrible losing streak of late though, bad luck getting teams with afk’ers/leaver’s or with people who simply do their own thing and don’t work with the team at all. For example, I was in a game where we had a Xin that was more interested in getting buffs and killing the dragon than helping us defend, in the process we lost 2 towers and an inhibitor, then he has the nerve to call one of the other players a noob?!?!?!?! It is people like this that make this game suck.
I love LoL and will probably play it for a long time to come but wasting 45 minutes on a game that you cannot win because not only do some of the players suck but will not surrender is depressing. Considering just playing ranked games all the time.
List of steam games I have bought:
- Darksiders – I have been interested in getting this since I saw a review on The Totally Rad Show. I have not installed this yet, Steam has been really slow to download from while the sale is going.
- Bethesda Pack – I mainly bought this pack for a digital version of Fallout 3 and for Fallout: New Vegas. The pack was only slightly more expensive than New Vegas alone.
- Company of Heroes games – I loved these games years ago. I mainly bought these for nostalgia purposes but will still replay them when the time comes.
- Mafia 2 – Loved the first game, second looks to be more of the same goodness. Mmm Goodness.
- Divinity 2 – Looks interesting and for $20, I think I will get my money’s worth.
- Neverwinter Nights 2 – Played the crap out of the first one. Never really played the second game. Looks a little dated but the gameplay still seems solid.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – Played the first one and despite some repetitiveness was still a good game. This game is a whole lot more fun than the first so far.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Played of lot of Modern Warfare 2 and was dissapointed that there were no dedicated servers. This game is much of the same, gamplay is similar despite a few different guns and killstreaks. Dedicated servers make this game much better though, shame the server browser is really poorly done. Games that are 4 years old have a better server filter than in this game.
Of course, there has been a tremendous amount of Minecraft being played. My friends and I have been playing the new survival multi-player and man it is so much fun playing together. After playing the multi-player I can’t really play single player anymore, it just doesn’t seem as fun.
I have also been using DosBox to play some of the old GoldBox games. The games are VERY dated now but are still a lot of fun. I spent a lot of my youth playing these games and re-visiting them has been great fun.
I also plan on hooking into some video editing and getting some videos uploaded to YouTube on the various games that I have been playing. I have some very old but good LoL stuff to upload.